Surrey Constabulary Headquarters,
10 April 1967
Memorandum to Superintendents
- The below listed personnel will be required for helicopter patrol duties at Mount Browne from Monday 24 April 1967 to 6 May 1967 inclusive:
Sgt. 260 Andrews A Sgt. 447 Patterson A
Sgt. 429 House F D. Sgt. 48 Searle B
Sgt. 73 Young HGT Sgt. 803 Pink
Sgt. 605 Scott J
- Sergeant Young and Detective Sergeant Searle will be accommodated at Mount Browne; other personnel will travel daily according to the duty roster, a copy of which is attached. All personnel should report to the Superintendent "H", Mount Browne, at 8.30am on Monday 24th April 1967.
- The three helicopters and attendant motor vehicles will be based at H.Q. sports ground and a one-man guard will be provided by "G" and "J" divisions from 8 pm-8 am each night starting at 8 pm on Sunday 23 April and ending at 8 am on Sunday 7th may 1967. The pavilion will be used by the Army Air Corps personnel and police observers for routine work.
- Subject to operational requirements exercises and routine patrols will take place as hereunder:
Tuesday 25 April E and J Div Sunday 30 April J F A E B D main roads - Traffic
Wednesday 26 April F and B Div Monday 1 May G F D B
Thursday 27 April D and G Div Tuesday 2 May E Exercise
Friday 28 April C and A Div Wednesday 3 May A G J
Saturday 29 April J and F Div Thursday 4 May F J
Friday 5 May A D
Saturday 6 May E B C
- Requests for use of the helicopter should be made as shown in Routine Orders dated 2 March 1967.
Assistant Chief Constable of Surrey
L to R: Sergeants: Pink, House,
Paterson, Searle, Scott, Young,
Author: The observers undertook a two day course with the Army Air Corps at Netheravon in Wiltshire and were advised to take a woollen pullover and a suit for wearing in the mess where they would stay – appropriate to their rank! Left to Right Sergeants: Pink, House, Paterson, Searle, Scott, Young, Andrews