- Holden, P. & Sharrock, J.T.R. (1982) The RSPB book of British Birds. Papermac, Macmillan.
- Fitter, Fitter & Blamey (1974) The Wild Flowers of Britain and Northern Europe. Collins.
- Fitter, R., Fitter, A. & Farrer, A. (1984) Collins guide to the grasses, sedges, rushes and ferns of Britain and Northern Europe.
- Chinery, M. (?) Collins guide to the Insects of Britain and Western Europe.
- Blamey & Grey-Wilson (1989). The illustrated Flora of Britain and Northern Europe. Hodder and Stoughton.
- Stace, C. (1991). New Flora of the British Isles. St Edmundsbury Press.
- Haslam, S.M., Sinker, C.A. & Wolseley, P.A. (1975) British water plants. Field studies 4, 243-351.
- Jahns, H.M. (1980) Collins guide to the Ferns, Mosses and Lichens of Britain and Central Europe.
- Hubbard, C.E. (1968) Grasses. Penguin Books.
- Bon, M. (1987). The Mushrooms and Toadstools of Britain and North-Western Europe. Hodder & Stoughton.
- Phillips, R. (1981). Mushrooms and other fungi of Great Britain & Europe. Pan.
- Miller, P.L. (1987) Dragonflies. Naturalists' handbook 7. Cambridge University Press.
The Open University produce 'The Cedar Trail' round campus and 'The Ouzel Trail' extending round much of the route of the multimedial nature trail. Both leaflets are available at the visitor centre.
Milton Keynes Parks Trust produce many leaflets including 'Ouzel Valley Park' and 'Woughton Medieval Village' which are within walking distance of the OU.
MK Parks Trust also produce a leaflet 'The amphibians of Milton Keynes' giving details of their identification, life history and conservation.
Environmental Monitoring in Milton Keynes (1995) published by the Environmental Health division of MK borough council (PO Box 105, Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Milton Keynes, MK9 3HH) gives details of air, water and noise pollution monitoring 1969-1994.
Countryside Survey 1990 Main Report. Barr, C.J., Bunce, R.G.H, Clarke, R.T., Fuller, R.M., Furse, M.T., Gillespie, M.K., Groom, G.B., Hallam, C.J., Horning, M., Howard, M. & Ness, M.J. Department of the Environment. UK.
Back to Nature Trail, overview
To OU Conservation research group home page