For those of you who are not current members of the OU Cycling Club, I’m writing to remind you that we exist and to encourage you to consider joining for the modest sum of £6 per year.
The benefits of club membership for your 50p per month include:
- Free spare inner tubes and tool kit for members to use, held on Walton Hall Campus
- Exclusive OU branded cycling kit - our clothing ordering window is now open, so this is a good time to join (or re-join) if you are interested in purchasing our exclusive OU-branded cycling clothing.
- Free loan of permits for Aspley and Rushmere woods off-road bike trails (saving £8/daily £45 annually)
- Regular lunchtime road training rides (fast pace)
- Social and after-work rides in the summer months (social pace)
- Trips and lectures (past events included velodrome try-out trip, and a bike maintenance and repair session)
- Membership of Cycling Time Trials (enables you to enter open time trials)
British Cycling Affiliation (large discount on 1st year membership of British Cycling)
- Strava Club, Facebook page and members-only email list for organising rides, socials or bike chat
- Open to staff, students, alumni, retired staff, friends, family and general public
Please join using the link above or email OU-Cycling-Club@open.ac.uk with any questions.
Chair: Karlo Porter Price