Gift Aid allows the OU to reclaim tax from donations you make. It costs you nothing, but it makes a huge difference to the work we do.
Tax claimed by The Open University:
- The OU will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 you gave up to 5 April 2008.
- The OU will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 you give on or after 6 April 2008.
If you pay income tax at the higher rate, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return if you want to receive the additional tax relief due to you.
You can make a Gift Aid declaration over the telephone; just call us on +44 (0)1908 655044 to tell us that you'd like the OU to reclaim tax on your donation.
Please notify us if you:
- Want to cancel this declaration.
- Change your name or home address.
- No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
Gift Aid Calculator