The Vice-Chancellor's Executive is made up of senior leaders from across the OU. The purpose of this leadership team is to provide strategic and operational direction to the Vice-Chancellor in their capacity as Chief Executive of The Open University. The Vice-Chancellor retains ultimate executive responsibility for proposing the Strategic Plan and budget to Council and remains accountable for their implementation.
What is its remit?
- Monitoring and agreeing unit and faculty institutional action plans, budgets, performance and risk
- Reviewing and approving pan-university policy issues and business decisions before presentation at a governance level
- Resolving difficult pan-university issues
- Briefings on important internal and external events requiring senior leadership oversight
- Vice-Chancellor: Professor Tim Blackman
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (acting): Professor Josie Fraser
- Executive Deans: Professor Ian Fribbance (FASS), Professor Devendra Kodwani (FBL), Professor Fary Cachelin (WELS), Professor Nick Braithwaite (acting) (STEM)
- Pro-Vice-Chancellor Students: Dr Liz Marr (acting)
- Pro-Vice-Chancellor Research, Enterprise and Scholarship: Professor Kevin Hetherington
- University Secretary: Dr Jonathan Nicholls
- Group Finance Director: Laurence Holden
- Chief Information Officer: Chris Youles
- Director Academic Services: Claire Baines
- Commercial Director: David Willett (acting)