Study for a PhD with the OU

The main focus of this blog is the Open University MA module Critical Practice with Children and Young People (K802) – but maybe what you’re really interested in is studying for a research degree? Perhaps you’ve already done some Masters-level study, possibly involving some experience of research, and you’re passionate about a topic that you want to explore further.

If so, you might be interested in this ad:

The Faculty of Health and Social Care at The Open University is seeking high-quality applications for funded full time studentships and self funded part time students.  The Faculty’s research focuses on issues such as ageing and later life; reproductive and sexual health; death and dying; living with a disability and/or long term condition; children and young people; parenting and families. Our research draws on various methodologies and forms of analysis and much is based on multidisciplinary work across the social sciences, in particular drawing on medical sociology, critical psychology, anthropology and other critical, applied social sciences

The Faculty has a lively post-graduate student community undertaking wide-ranging research both in the UK and internationally. 

Studentships commence from autumn 2011. Applicants must normally reside in the UK for the duration of the studentship.

For detailed information, and to apply online, go to; or contact Faculty Research Office, Tel: 01908 858373 or e-mail  Closing date: 12 noon on 31 August.  Interviews to be held in October.

Equal Opportunity is University Policy

About Martin Robb

K802 Module Team Chair Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Health & Social Care, The Open University
This entry was posted in Research. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>