I was a participant in the first University wide digital research communities workshop day today. The aim of the workshop was quite straightforward:
- understand institutional priorities for this
- spot the challenges and opportunities
- plan for later activities
The university has a good gender balance of staff in most units, but there was no gender balance of participants:
- There were 8 [expert] presenters only two of which were women: F=25%.
- At one point there were 32 participants 20 of which were women : F= 63%