CitSci Edu is a Santander-funded project that focuses on understanding and improving the experience of educators and other mediators who engage young people in citizen science activities in formal and informal education. To this end, surveys and interviews with educators who have already engaged in citizen participation activities in their classrooms or in other locations such as libraries or cultural centres, will identify their motivations, engagement techniques, and difficulties. Following on the analysis of the surveys and interviews, a discussion group taking place in Barcelona will focus on how to support and improve the experience of the different types of mediators and consequently of young people.
- Dr. Charlotte Dean writes about her experiences of using nQuire with young people
- How to author online citizen science investigations
- nQuire workshop with the BBC, Met Office and community organisations
- Bridging the gap between citizen science practitioners and academics through nQuire
- CitSci Edu: Understanding and improving the experience of educators engaging young people in citizen science activities