During our visit to the GEES Learning and Teaching conference in Plymouth last week, we were introduced to some interesting new people and ideas. We discovered that there’s a fairly similar project to OTIH in Kingston – the MoRSE project uses wifi routers and servers in the field to share GIS data and SMS messages. Dr. Simon Jones set us off on a photomarathon to demonstrate how this can be used as an engaging teaching method in fieldwork. Dr. Derek France showed his work simulating disaster response with students using Yammer. There’s more on some of these topics at Jason Truscott’s blog.
- Discovery Trials – Mill Road Cambridge
- Discovery: New project with Mill Road Cemetery in Cambridge
- GPS Accuracy repeated tests with and without internet access
- Accessing WordPress Blog Content from Other Applications
- GPS accuracy on Android phones
- GPS accuracy testing at 0 degrees East
- Improving GPS accuracy with EGNOS
- Field Trials at Coombs Quarry.
- 1st OTIH Field Trials
- Drupal Hack: Getting Pages and Images from Different Servers