Attendees: Karen, Judith, Mirabelle, John, Giselle, Richard
As usual, we started with news and updates:
- Richard is giving a conference paper at an IEEE conference in Venice in May.
- Mirabelle and colleagues are to write a book chapter on feedback in the book Reconceptualising feedback in higher education: towards an agenda for effective change, to be published by Routledge.
- Judith, Giselle and their colleague Soraya have submitted a paper to the European Journal of Open Distance and eLearning (EURODL) for a special themed issue on creativity and open educational resources. Their paper is a case study of the video creation work in Block 5 of T215.
- Giselle, with Tina Wilson, is writing a book chapter on Web 2.0 and OER.
- Jon will be trialing his eSTEeM confidence-based marking project through T216, and is also intending to work on converting the T184 ECA into a part computer-marked exam with the objective of improving retention.
- Karen mentioned a possible new part-time PhD student, who has proposed a project about VLEs in schools.
The meeting then moved to general discussions. First, stimulated by Jon’s discussion of his T184 project, we talked generally about examinations in OU modules. Giselle talked about the new VMware course for presentation in 2012B that she is currently chairing.
We finished the meeting with a discussion on finance. It was agreed that Mirabelle’s Survey Monkey licence should be extended for a further year and that Karen’s licence should also be extended and made available for other TERG members to use. Karen asked members to identify whether there were any conferences they would like to attend.