Yesterday I ran an online training session on working with research data. This session covered:
- how good data management can help you
- information security
- data storage options
- file management
- file naming
- working with sensitive data
Please find below the slides from the webinar. OU staff and students can access a recording of the session on Adobe Connect. I will upload this recording to YouTube shortly so that the non-OU audience can also access it (update: this is now available on YouTube).
Here are the other sessions we’ll be delivering over the next couple of months:
- Tuesday 6th February (14.30-15.00) – Data sharing: how, what and why?
- Monday 19th February (14.00-14.45) – Finding external scholarship literature
- Wednesday 28th February (11.30-12.00) – Data sharing: legal and ethical issues
These sessions will be run using Adobe Connect; joining instructions can be found on the event pages on My Learning Centre, but if in doubt please email us at email@example.com
If there’s any other training you’d like us to deliver online, feel free to let us know by emailing or commenting below