Jisc Publications Router
We have integrated the Jisc Publications Router service into ORO. This means that bibliographic information (and some full text) of many new publications will automatically be added to ORO without the need for the author to manually add the record to ORO.
Pipes by Chris Smart CC BY NC-ND (https://www.flickr.com/photos/sigma/5865519128)
We are doing this to:
- Reduce the workload of the ORO user
- Increase the coverage of the repository (we know not everything OU researchers publish reaches ORO)
- Increase the timely deposit of research publications (to support our attempts to meet the REF Open Access Policy)
So what does it mean for an ORO user?
Many publications will be added to ORO before you might normally add them – unless you are adding them to ORO very quickly (i.e. immediately on acceptance).
However, not all items will be captured by this automated service – so unless you have had confirmation of an addition to ORO, continue to add new publications as usual.
You will still need to add the full text (Author’s Accepted Manuscript)
Normally, the full text will not have been added so you will still need to add the full text (Author’s Accepted Manuscript). When you receive an email informing of automated deposit you can:
- Reply to the email attaching the full text which we will upload to ORO on your behalf.
- Select the Submit Changes (Authors/Depositor only) option in the middle of an item page and adding the full text using the usual ORO edit pages: