Many organisations now employ some workers on long or short-term contracts, often through consultancies. A contract can last from just a few days to several years.
- You get a foot in the door of an organisation that interests you.
- It can be an effective way to gain work experience and develop skills in a number of different settings.
- It is a way of demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
- There is no job security.
- Often there is no company pension or paid sick leave entitlement.
- Some contracts do not include any holiday pay.
- You may have unpaid gaps between contracts.