There are many different types of personality test, but all are designed to identify your personal qualities and the way in which you react to different situations.
What's the point of a personality test?
Normally untimed, they use multiple choice questions to find out
- how you look at life
- your emotions
- your work style
- how you relate to others.
How to approach a personality test
- There are no correct and incorrect answers.
- Be honest
- Knowing yourself is very important.
- Try not to match your responses to the way you think you should answer, because if you do get the job you may find that it doesn’t suit you after all.
- These tests often ask the same questions in a number of different ways to pick up on any inconsistencies in your answers.
- Try the practice assessments on the SHL Direct website, or some of the personality tests linked from the Prospects website