Looking for an affordable degree that employers respect?
If you’re looking for a degree that combines flexibility, high quality and value for money then The Open University can provide it. We are the world's leading provider of non-campus based learning and, with over 40 years' experience, you can be confident that the OU is a good choice.
Most OU students study part-time which allows them to start or switch career, earn a regular income and build towards a highly respected degree. For those who have the time, full-time study is possible too. Whatever you choose to study, you'll share the well-deserved reputation all our students have for energy, ambition and commitment - qualities employers value highly.
There are many other benefits in choosing to study with The Open University:
- You don’t need any formal qualifications to study for most of our undergraduate qualifications
- You could get a government student loan and pay nothing up front with up to 4 years' payment free; you would only start repaying your loan when you earn over £21,000 per year*
- We have a huge choice of named and combined degrees together with our Open Degree, which enables you to mix modules from different subjects to suit your career needs or personal preferences
- We use a blend of high quality teaching material supported by guidance and advice from a tutor, face to face group tutorials on many modules, online forums and podcasts which are all included in your fee
- Our flexible learning means you can fit study around other commitments like work, family and friends
On top of that, we’re one of the UK’s top universities for student satisfaction** - and have been since the National Student Survey began - real evidence that what we do really works for all our students.