- Help from employers
- Help from the OU
- Help from UNISON
A unique feature of the UNISON/OU partnership is its ability to bring learning in the workplace alive with the co-ordination of workplace groups via negotiated learning partnerships with employers. UNISON is able to bring learners together to study in the familiar surroundings of their workplace, an initiative that has proved popular with employees and employers alike.
These groups are often sponsored by employers making courses free to the individuals studying them. There are a number of excellent reasons for employers to sponsor courses through a learning partnership involving UNISON and the OU, such as:
- students gain an improved understanding of how their studies relate directly to their work; in other words, students are immediately able to apply their learning in practice
- students get a better understanding of their own role and of their organisation as a whole
- students become stronger team players and feel more comfortable with cross-team working.
In addition, employers:
- speak of improved workplace morale and loyalty from their staff
- see an active improvement in the skills and performance of their employees.
Interested in setting up a workplace group?
To find out how to set up a group in your workplace please contact your local UNISON office and speak to your Regional Education Officer.