Skills for Care and Skills for Health have been working collaboratively with awarding organisations to develop a new range of qualifications to replace NVQ’s on the Qualification Credit Framework. This Level 3 Diploma replaces the NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
This is a wide ranging diploma, designed to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to the health and social care workforce working with children and young people. This is the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements in the social care sector in Wales.
The qualification is made up of mandatory and optional units. Please see the detailed qualification structure for further information.
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People)
The qualification is suitable for people working in the following roles:
- Senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in a residential setting
- Senior healthcare assistants/support workers in community and primary care environments
- Senior healthcare assistants/support workers in acute health environments
- Senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in domiciliary services
- Senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in day services
- Senior support workers in supported living projects
- Community-based senior care assistants/support workers/key workers including those working in specialist areas e.g. dementia, learning disabilities
- Personal assistants employed directly by the individual they support or their families
- Emerging new types of workers and multidisciplinary health roles crossing traditional service barriers and delivery models