Why study Combined Studies with The Open University?
Our combined studies courses provide a unique opportunity for you to study a range of different subjects, creating a combination specific to you and your study goals. The skills you gain can help you understand the connections between different subjects, and how to apply that knowledge across subject boundaries.
The benefits of studying a combined studies course with us are:
- You can design a personalised qualification to suit your needs.
- You can change direction at any time to fit your career ambitions or personal interests.
- You can count previous university study towards your qualification.
- A combined studies qualification shows employers that you’re flexible and adaptable. Plus,
- If you already have a degree in a STEM subject, you could get help with funding your qualification by studying our BSc (Hons) Combined STEM degree.
Careers in Combined Studies
Many careers are open to graduates of all disciplines, with research showing that many employers have no preferred degree subject when recruiting. As a multidisciplinary student the varied subject knowledge gained from your chosen modules means you can consider a wide variety of different careers.
Our range of combined studies courses can help you develop:
- Transferable and work-related skills valued by employers in today’s competitive jobs market.
- Numeracy, communication, literacy and the ability to research.
- Framing and addressing problems, questions and issues.
- Communicating effectively, clearly and accurately.
- Critically evaluating information, arguments and assumptions.