What you’ll learn
You’ll develop advanced practical skills using the latest version of the Cisco certified CyberOps Associate certification curriculum.
The topics you’ll cover include:
- network concepts
- security concepts and monitoring
- host-based security analysis
- attack methods
- endpoint threat analysis and computer forensics
- network intrusion analysis
- incident response and handling
- data and event analysis.
By the end of the course, you’ll have learnt how to:
- explain the purpose of different cyber security technologies
- evaluate current, commonplace threats in the context of a cyber security investigation
- investigate evidence from a cyber security incursion
- evaluate how different security and cryptographic techniques affect a cyber security incursion
- apply legally defensible practices to a cyber security investigation.
This microcredential is designed for professionals looking to enter the growing cyber security industry, as well as those with a background in the area who are looking to upskill.
Professionals who would benefit most from the microcredential include those working in network engineering, systems support, and IT. It’ll equip you with the skills and knowledge required to pass the Cisco certified CyberOps Associate certification.
Cisco certifications are highly regarded in both the networking and cyber security sectors, offering certification holders and their employers a commercial and technical advantage.
You’ll be awarded 15 academic credits at postgraduate level 7. You’ll also receive a Cisco Networking Academy (Cisco Associate) Certificate of Completion.
If you pass the embedded final assessment at 75% or higher on the first attempt, you’ll receive a significant discount on the optional Cisco Associate Cyber Security Operations Exam.
As a student of The Open University, you should be aware of the content of the academic regulations, which are available on our Student Policies and Regulations