This degree course is restricted to students working in social care in Scotland, who already have a degree in any subject from a UK university.
For sponsored students entry has to be made through the employing agency: you cannot apply direct to the OU.
A limited number of places are available to non-sponsored students – for more information contact The Open University in Scotland.
Employing agencies and individuals who are interested in this degree should contact the Social Work Co-ordinator at The Open University in Scotland on 0131 226 3851 or email email@example.com.
All candidates for the degree must:
- have a qualification in maths at the level of Standard Grade Two (as a graduate, the English requirement is met by your degree)
- show that you can communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- demonstrate that you have the appropriate personal and intellectual qualities to be a social worker
- take part in an interview
- register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) as a social work student – this includes a Disclosure Scotland check.
The next available start date is October 2017.
The deadline for submitting an application is 14 September 2017.
How much time do I need?
Find out if you have enough time to study with our time planner
- Most of our students study part time, completing 60 credits a year.
- This will usually mean studying for 16–18 hours a week.
Counting previous study
You could save time and money by reducing the number of modules you need to study towards this qualification, if you have:
- already studied at university level (even if you didn't finish your studies)
- other professional or vocational qualifications such as HNCs and HNDs.
Find out more about credit transfer