This certificate of higher education comprises 120 credits (equivalent to one year's full-time university study).
If you have little or no knowledge or experience of studying, you may prefer to start your studies with an Access module as an additional preparatory stage. The credit gained from the Access module will be in addition to the other credit required for the qualification.
We make all our qualifications as accessible as possible and have a comprehensive range of services to support all our students. The Certificate of Higher Education in Natural Sciences uses a variety of study materials and has the following elements:
- studying a mixture of printed and online material – online learning resources may include websites, audio/video media clips, and interactive activities such as online quizzes
- using mathematical and scientific expressions, notations and associated techniques
- undertaking practical work or using an online laboratory
- using and/or producing diagrams and/or screenshots
- using specialist software
- working in a group with other students
- finding external/third party material online.
All qualifications require you to complete learning and assessment activities within a required timescale and according to pre-determined deadlines. You will therefore need to manage your time effectively during your studies and the University will help you to develop this skill throughout your degree. Information on assessment will be available to you at the start of each module.
If you feel you may need additional support with any of the elements above, visit our disability page to find more about what we offer. Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your individual requirements, so we can put arrangements in place before you start.