There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification. However, you are responsible for obtaining permission to use your workplace as a basis for your studies prior to registering for the first module.
Also, to successfully complete the first module you must:
- be engaged in suitable full-time or part-time employment – either paid or voluntary
- have permission to carry out work-based learning tasks in your work setting
- confirm that the work you submit is based on your practice in that setting
- have regular access to a computer connected to the internet.
Further detailed information will be sent to you once you have registered for the module.
Counting previous study
You could save time and money by reducing the number of modules you need to study towards this qualification if you have:
- already studied at university level (even if you didn't finish your studies)
- other professional or vocational qualifications such as HNCs and HNDs.
Find out more about credit transfer
Preparing for study with an Access module
If your study skills are a bit rusty or you want to try out Open University study before committing yourself, don’t worry! The OU offers Access modules designed to introduce the subject area, build your confidence and prepare you for further study, and you may be eligible to study an Access module for free! You'll get:
- a personal tutor providing regular feedback with one to one telephone tutorials
- support from a dedicated team throughout your study
- detailed written feedback.
For this qualification we recommend: