Support throughout your study
You’ll be assigned a tutor when you enrol on your first module, and you’ll usually have different tutors for each of the modules you study for your qualification.
Before you start your tutor will contact you to welcome you and, if you’re new to the OU, help you understand what study will be like. They’ll set expectations, such as deadlines for assignments, tutorials and other learning activities. They’ll also clarify how and when they can be contacted, and how quickly they will respond to you.
Once you’ve started your tutor will mark and provide feedback on your assignments and support your progress through other learning activities.
- Module tutors will set up online and face-to-face tutorials.
- You’ll be encouraged to work together with other students at tutorials and learning events.
- Some online tutorials may be recorded for you to watch later. Your allocated tutor can tell you more.
- Your tutor can give follow-up individual help, if you need it.
- Tutors may also organise other learning events and activities related to your study.
Your tutor will:
- Mark the assignments (TMAs) you submit online, and provide detailed feedback.
- Guide you to the right learning resources to improve your work.
- Provide individual guidance to further develop your study skills.