The Open University’s (OU) unique learning method is based on over 40 years of research insight into how adults learn and apply knowledge in the workplace.
Our accredited, scalable solution works whether you want to develop the skills of a single employee or 10,000 across multiple sites worldwide.
Our highly rated learning experience ensures new knowledge is embedded into everyday practice from day one, helping to deliver improvements in organisational performance.
Why choose us as your learning provider?
- Unrivalled expertise in distance learning – we design, create and deliver learning specifically for the needs of adults studying in a work placement or around work commitments. This is why our study is so highly rated – and why we have been ranked as one of the top five universities since 2005.*
- Scalable solution – as the UK’s largest university, we can deliver locally, nationally and internationally, however many employees you have. We deliver learning to over 240,000 students every year and can work with you to provide a consistent learning experience across multiple sites.
- Organisational impact – our development provides an immediate return on your investment because staff can put into practice what they’ve learnt from day one. We’ve designed our learning to achieve sustainable change and to be embedded into everyday practice. Not only that, but our flexible study method minimises disruption to working hours and fits around work priorities.
What solutions do we offer?
- Early career development – the OU offers a flexible model for growing your own graduates during employment. We also work with you to solve any immediate skill gaps and develop your talent pipeline.
- Talent management – invest in the people you already know and develop the specific skills your organisation needs. We work with you to provide an accredited solution for your high performers to help you develop and retain the right talent.
- Executive education – our triple accredited Business School is in the top 1% worldwide. We provide solutions that help build leadership and management capability at all levels.
Who do we work with?
We have worked with over 30,000 organisations from SMEs, public sector organisations through to large corporates. Some of Britain’s most well-known employers have chosen the OU as their learning provider such as the NHS, 200 local authorities, Rolls-Royce, BT, First Group plc, John Lewis Partnership, Lloyds TSB and 80% of FTSE 100 companies sponsor their staff on OU courses.
"The relationship with The Open University throughout the project has been highly collaborative. The OU was keen to understand the business. We worked closely to develop a course that would help students become more self-sufficient in managing their own development, accrediting in-house learning and leading to a portable qualification."
Rob Deeks, ACAS Helpline & IDR Training Manager
*National Student Survey