Innovative research university
Our extraordinary reach is made possible by an extensive research portfolio highly relevant to innovation in business. More than 50% of the university’s research was ranked 'internationally excellent' and 14% ‘world-leading’ in the government’s 2008 assessment of research quality. This puts many of our disciplines in the UK top 20.
Your research university partner of choiceThe Open University has major research collaborations with top-ranked research institutions and with business partners throughout the UK and worldwide. These partnerships draw on our expertise in sustainable technologies, exploration science, knowledge transfer, ambient technologies, environmental change management, and life sciences, as well as in business management, public policy development and support for creative industries.
Knowledge transfer and business consultancyOur distinctive approach to knowledge transfer is exemplified by our current partnerships:
- The Centre for Electronic Imaging, with e2V
- An engineering initiative with The Welding Institute and Lloyds Educational Trust
- Partnership with the Environment Agency and others on climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Collaboration with Rolls-Royce Marine (Ltd) and EMDA in materials engineering
- Partnership with SEEDA, hosting the Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Innovation and Growth Team
- Major policy-oriented engagement with government, NGOs and Third Sector agencies
For details of our business consultancy and other strategic and collaborative partnerships, visit our Research Portal
Found this useful? You might be interested in...
|Why the OU?||About The Open University Business School (OUBS)||Unique Scale and Reach|