Value, invest, retain
The Open University is justly famous for helping millions of people to access higher education. And once they get here, they receive a high level of support to give them every chance of success – particularly if it’s a long time since they did any studying. This support includes input from a personal tutor, tools for online study, study skills development, careers advice, library services, help with ICT, financial and practical help for disabled students … the list goes on.
Grow your own workforce
There are high returns too for employers who invest in widening participation. Open University programmes can help you develop unskilled staff into highly trained, valued members of their teams, contributing to better quality care and improved service user outcomes:
- Top quality, practice-based learning programmes
- A strong focus on improving practice
- Clear pathways from healthcare support worker to management level, with flexible stepping on and off points
- Single modules, professional qualifications, certificates, diplomas and degrees
- A development programme designed specially for support workers, with progression routes to our new pre-registration nursing degree
- Modules mapped against the NHS knowledge and skills framework.
NHS Yorkshire and Humber
Good for service user care, good for staff retention
Your staff are your most valuable resource. The more they feel valued, the more they give – it’s a huge boost not just to the quality of the care they deliver, but to staff morale and retention.