Management guru, Charles Handy, believes distance learning represents the way forward for business education courses.
The OU has been a pioneer in distance learning for adult learners in the past 40 years. We incorporate the latest, relevant teaching techniques and technology in our delivery. Let us now use the same approach to develop your workforce.
How our courses are delivered
The delivery approach varies by course but generally the experience will include:
- Each student assigned to a tutor group of about 15 students. Separate tutor groups can be arranged for organisations sponsoring large number of students.
- A course calendar with weekly assignments
- OU developed textbooks written in a style halfway between the formality of a textbook and the informality of a seminar to make it user-friendly and accessible
- Workbooks with activities and case studies to make the experience interactive
- In-person tutor sessions as appropriate
- A residential school often over a weekend or a full week depending on the subject matter. (Online options are usually available)
- Assessments including written assignments and exams for courses carrying university credit
- A course webpage with electronic versions of course materials
- Online chat rooms for tutor group communication
- Use of multimedia including DVDs, podcasts, CD Roms, and virtual servers
We’ve taken the distance out of distance learning
Distance and multimedia training with us doesn´t mean studying alone. Our student support is second to none, as our consistent success at the top of UK student satisfaction surveys testifies. As well as one-to-one support from an expert tutor, your employees also benefit from access to tutor groups, support networks, alumni associations, residential schools, virtual learning and online conferencing.
Residential School in Brussels
Flexibility of our multimedia training courses
Our distance learning courses use everything from books to virtual learning. Many courses offer face-to-face tutorials and short residential schools (often with online equivalents). So there´s the flexibility to use printed or screen text and visuals plus the choice of communicating with tutors and fellow students by phone, email, in online chat rooms or at the nearest tutorial group.
Found this useful? You might be interested in...
|Unique Scale and Reach||Arranging Sponsorship||Consistency and Training Support|