What were they looking for?
The Air Business Academy was looking for a specialist training provider to develop a customised version of the OU Business School MBA course - The Fundamentals of Senior Management. They were keen for it to complement existing in-house training modules.
Together, these would provide a new management development programme for high potential managers across Europe. It was anticipated that the main customisation would be achieved by the provision of specialist OU learning adviser support during the delivery of the in-house training modules, whether they preceded or took place alongside the Fundamentals course.
What did they require from us?
- The connection of the Airbus modules to general management concepts, theories and models
- The familiarisation participants with the supported distance learning techniques of the OU, with special consideration of how participants engage in independent study, how they critically reflect on their work practice, and how they learn through interaction with their facilitator and fellow participants
- The establishment of a process of expressing and analysing the connections participants make between theory and practice with the help of feedback from learning advisers.
How did we address their requirements?
By integrating the MBA Fundamentals course with training modules in the Airbus Jump initiative, we created a two year management development programme for groups of 20 managers at a time. Airbus registered staff on the programme and we appointed, briefed and managed suitable learning advisers.
As part of the management development programme we also oversaw:
- The production and delivery of extra course materials
- Additional facilitated workshop events
- The comprehensive evaluation of the personal and organisational benefits of the programme using our Learning Evaluation And Development Service (LEADS)
- The appointment of a dedicated Project Director and Project Manager from the Centre for Professional Learning and Development.