Welcome to The Open University equality and diversity website
For more than 40 years, the Open University has been promoting social justice and equality of opportunity. It's core to our mission and is as important today as it was when we were founded.
We are creating an inclusive university community and a society:
— where people are treated with dignity and respect,
— where inequalities are challenged, and
— where we anticipate and respond positively to different needs and circumstances
so that everyone can achieve their potential.
On this website you can find the following information by clicking the tabs above;
- Equality and diversity news and events from The Open University.
- Staff case studies, policies, groups and networks that promote equality for staff
- Student case studies, policies, groups and networks that promote equality for students
- A variety of tools, resources and websites that we are sharing to promote equality for organisations
- Equality information and reports, presenting a wide variety of data about our students and staff and annual progress reports
- Information about the equality schemes, objectives and plans that we are implementing
To contact us, please click on the About Us tab.
We are members or affiliated with the following equality organisations...
Site last updated: 6 August 2013