Skip to content

Faculty of Health & Social Care > Study with us > BA (Hons) Social Work

BA (Hons) Social Work

Social worker and older coupleIf you work in social care but have never had the chance to study towards a professional qualification, The Open University’s work-based route to a social work degree could be just what you’re looking for.

The degree enables you to stay in work while you study – so you’ll need the support of your employer, who agrees to form a partnership with us and sponsors you throughout.

Successfully completing this degree entitles you to register as a qualified social worker with one of the UK care councils. If you’re interested in qualifying as a social worker, or if you’re an employer looking for flexible and accessible ways of developing your staff, you can find out more by following one of the links below:
BA (Hons) in Social Work England
BA (Hons) in Social Work Scotland
BA (Hons) in Social Work Wales