Many papers, articles and books written by IET staff members are listed in the Open University's Open Research Online database.
IET Research & Innovation Report Series
IET publishes an occasional Research and Innovation report series, launched at the beginning of 2013. New reports will be added when they become available for publication. Published reports are available in electronic format to download:
- 2013-01 OpenLearn report 2006-2008
- 2013-02 Innovating Pedagogy 2012
- 2013-03 Innovating Pedagogy 2013
- 2013-04 JISC OLDS-MOOC Evaluation report 2013
- 2013-05 JISC OLDS-MOOC Final report 2013
- 2014-01 Inquiring Rock Hunters
- 2014-02 The Strategic Use of FORUMS on Modules & Qualifications
- 2014-03 Innovating Pedagogy 2014
- 2015-01 E-Pedagogy of Handheld Devices 2013 Survey: Patterns of student use for learning
- 2015-02 Innovating Pedagogy 2015
- 2016-01 Innovating Pedagogy 2016
IET Academic Archive
IET's Academic Archive includes papers and reports from many previous IET report series. The location of hardcopies of the archive are held in the OU Library and are listed in the online library catalogue.
Many papers, articles and books written by IET staff members are listed in the Open University's Open Research Online database. Some of our key papers are:
- Haythornthwaite, Caroline; Andrews, Richard; Fransman, Jude and Meyers, Eric M. eds. (2016). The SAGE Handbook of E-learning Research (Second Edition). London: Sage.
- Cross, Simon and Whitelock, Denise (2016). Similarity and difference in fee-paying and no-fee learner expectations, interaction and reaction to learning in a massive open online course. Interactive Learning Environments (Early Access).
- Li, Nai; Marsh, Vicky; Rienties, Bart and Whitelock, Denise (2016). Online learning experiences of new versus continuing learners: a large scale replication study. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education (Early Access).
- Littlejohn, Allison and Hood, Nina (2016). How educators build knowledge and expand their practice: The case of open education resources. British Journal of Educational Technology (Early Access).
- Littlejohn, Allison; Hood, Nina; Milligan, Colin and Mustain, Paige (2016). Learning in MOOCs: Motivations and self-regulated learning in MOOCs. The Internet and Higher Education, 29 pp. 40–48.
- Rienties, Bart and Toetenel, Lisette (2016). The impact of learning design on student behaviour, satisfaction and performance: a cross-institutional comparison across 151 modules. Computers in Human Behavior, 60 pp. 333–341.
- Rienties, Bart and Toetenel, Lisette (2016). The impact of 151 learning designs on student satisfaction and performance: social learning (analytics) matters. In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge - LAK '16, pp. 339–343.
- Scanlon, Eileen and Taylor, Josie (2016). Is technology enhanced learning an interdisciplinary activity? In: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Networked Learning 2016 (Cranmer, S.; Dohn, N. B.; de Laat, M.; Ryberg, T. and Sime, J. A. eds.), pp. 129–133.
- Jones, Ann; Gaved, Mark; Kukulska-Hulme, Agnes; Scanlon, Eileen; Pearson, Charlie; Lameras, Petros; Dunwell, Ian and Jones, Jan (2014). Creating Coherent Incidental Learning Journeys on Smartphones Using Feedback and Progress Indicators:. International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, 6(4) pp. 75–92.
- Sharples, Mike; Scanlon, Eileen; Ainsworth, Shaaron; Anastopoulou, Stamatina; Collins, Trevor; Crook, Charles; Jones, Ann; Kerawalla, Lucinda; Mulholland, Paul and O'Malley, Claire (2015). Personal inquiry: orchestrating science investigations within and beyond the classroom. Journal of the Learning Sciences, 24(2) pp. 308–341.
- Tempelaar, Dirk T.; Rienties, Bart and Giesbers, Bas (2015). In search for the most informative data for feedback generation: learning analytics in a data-rich context. Computers in Human Behavior, 47 pp. 157–167.
- Rienties, Bart and Nolan, Eimear-Marie (2014). Understanding friendship and learning networks of international and host students using longitudinal Social Network Analysis. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 41 pp. 165–180.
- Whitelock, Denise; Twiner, Alison; Richardson, John T. E.; Field, Debra and Pulman, Stephen (2015). Feedback on Academic Essay Writing through pre-Emptive Hints: Moving Towards "Advice for Action". European Journal of Open, Distance and e-Learning.
- McAndrew, Patrick and Scanlon, Eileen (2013). Open learning at a distance:lessons for struggling MOOCs. Science, 342 pp. 1450–1451.
- Clow, Doug (2013). MOOCs and the funnel of participation. In: Third Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK 2013), 8-12 April 2013, Leuven, Belgium, pp. 185–189.
- Grand, Ann; Davies, Gareth; Holliman, Richard and Adams, Anne (2015). Mapping Public Engagement with Research in a UK University. PLoS ONE, 10(4) pp. 1–19.
- Adams, Anne; Hartnett, Elizabeth; Clough, Gill; Grand, Ann and Goldsmith, Rick (2014). Artistic participatory video-making for science engagement. In: CHI 2014 annual ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Science, 26 April - 1 May 2014, Toronto, Canada.
- FitzGerald, Elizabeth; Ferguson, Rebecca; Adams, Anne; Gaved, Mark; Mor, Yishay and Thomas, Rhodri (2013). Augmented reality and mobile learning: the state of the art. International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, 5(4) pp. 43–58. ORO paper
- Kukulska-Hulme, Agnes; Gaved, Mark; Paletta, Lucas; Scanlon, Eileen; Jones, Ann and Brasher, Andrew (2015). Mobile Incidental Learning to Support the Inclusion of Recent Immigrants. Ubiquitous Learning: an international journal, 7(2) pp. 9–21.
- Ferguson, Rebecca; Clow, Doug; Beale, Russell; Cooper, Alison J; Morris, Neil; Bayne, Siân and Woodgate, Amy (2015). Moving through MOOCS: pedagogy, learning design and patterns of engagement. In: EC-TEL 2015: Tenth European Conference on Technology-Enhanced Learning (Klobucar, Tomaž and Conole, Grainne eds.), 16–17 September 2015, Toledo, Spain (forthcoming), Springer International Publishing Switzerland.
- FitzGerald, Elizabeth; Ferguson, Rebecca; Adams, Anne; Gaved, Mark; Mor, Yishay and Thomas, Rhodri (2013). Augmented reality and mobile learning: the state of the art. International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, 5(4) pp. 43–58.
- Richardson, John T. E. (2015). Coursework versus examinations in end-of-module assessment: a literature review. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 40(3) pp. 439–455.
- Richardson, John T. E. (2015). The under-attainment of ethnic minority students in UK higher education: what we know and what we don’t know. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 39(2) pp. 278–291.
- Milligan, Colin; Littlejohn, Allison and Margaryan, Anoush (2014). Workplace learning in informal networks. Journal of Interactive Media in Education, 1(6)