Digital technologies are rapidly changing the way we learn, whether in schools, colleges, universities, the workplace, heritage environments or in our homes and communities. Whatever your role, level of experience or ambitions, it pays to stay ahead. Studying using the very latest teaching and learning techniques and technologies will fully engage you with the connected world of global education.
Our modules and qualifications
The Institute of Educational Technology (IET) offers Postgraduate Qualifications in online teaching and learning pathways on a part-time and full-time basis.
IET offers the following named qualifications:
- Masters in Online and Distance Education MAODE (also Certificate & Diploma)
- PhD programme in Educational Technology
- EdD Doctorate in Education (we teach the Online and Distance Learning strand which links to the MAODE. See the Research Degrees Student Handbook section for further details)
Our Postgraduate Qualifications and Modules (Courses) are designed to suit new and experienced professionals who want to improve their competencies or career prospects in the fields of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Online and Distance Learning and Educational Technology.
You can register for each of our modules via the following links (which take you to the Online Prospectus website):
- H800 - Technology-enhanced learning: practices and debates
- H817 - Openness and innovation in elearning
- H818 - The networked practitioner
- H819 - The critical researcher: educational technology in practice
- H810 - Accessible online learning: supporting disabled students
Throughout your studies you'll have plenty of opportunity to engage with your fellow students, work interactively and exchange ideas with a wide range of educational professionals. As part of our vibrant, global, open community you'll also be able to participate in larger online events, guest lectures and interactive sessions.
The Professor Robin Mason prize is awarded annually in her honour via a competition for MAODE alumni. Read what the winners say about what the MAODE means to them.