The Open University provides free public access to a number of educational and research sources and materials.
Open Research Online
Open Research Online is an open access repository of the Open University’s peer-reviewed published research outputs. The repository serves the dual purpose of recording the University’s research activity and, where possible, making the full text of the research publicly available.
CORE (COnnecting REpositories)
CORE aims to facilitate free access to scholarly publications distributed across many systems. It offers four applications:
- CORE portal - search and navigate scientific publications aggregated from a wide range of Open Access Repositories (OARs).
- CORE mobile - an Android application that enables you to search and download open access articles.
- CORE plugin - a plugin to Open Access repositories that enables them to search for related scientific publications.
- CORE API - enables external systems and services to interact with the CORE repository.
- Repository analytics - a tool that enables to monitor the ingestion of metadata and content from repositories and provides a wide range of statistics.
OU Knowledge Network
OU Knowledge Network provides access to research and discussion papers in the area of open and distance education at the OU.
OpenLearn gives free access to a collection of the Open University's module materials.
Other Open Access resources
These sites give access to freely available research or provide further information about the Open Access movement: