How do I attend?
To join a session or watch a recording of an earlier session visit the Library Online Training website. Please allow enough time to verify your setup and do an audio check.
This session introduces the main principles of searching for information using the online library. Good session for students at levels 1 and 2 who will be looking for information for assignments outside of their module materials.
Who's it for?
This session is aimed at undergraduate students at levels 1 and 2. Our How to do a literature search session is more appropriate for level 3 and postgraduate.
By the end of this session you should be able to:
- Identify the key information sources for your assignment topic
- Identify the types of information you require for your specific purpose
- Select search words and find information for your assignment
- Evaluate and select relevant information for your assignment
- Reference materials appropriately