The Open University supports economic growth in Northern Ireland through our work with employers and professional development of employees.
Our method of delivery allows a consistent learning experience wherever in the world your employees are based. By choosing to work with us, you reap the benefits of a local provider with the added value of our national scale and global reach.
For over 40 years, we have been breaking down the barriers between the workplace and higher education. The size and scale of our model means we can offer a broad range of higher skills to any employee – regardless of their starting point. Our unrivalled expertise in how adults learn enables us to embed new knowledge into workplaces.
How can we help your organisation?
The OU fits the needs of your organisation, from sponsorship of individual staff to enable their professional development through to tailored solutions for groups of staff to meet your business goals. Our approach includes the following solutions:
- Early career development – a flexible model for growing your own graduates during employment. We also work with you to solve any immediate skill gaps and develop your early talent pipeline.
- Talent management – invest in the people you already know and develop the specific skills your organisation needs. We work with you to provide an accredited solution for your high performers to help you develop and retain the right talent.
- Management development – our triple accredited Business School is in the top 1% worldwide. We provide solutions that help build leadership and management capability at all levels.
Key facts about the OU’s work with employers:
- Nearly 1,000 employers have been sponsoring staff on OU courses for over 10 years.
- The OU works with leading employers in Northern Ireland, including Bombardier Aerospace, Belfast City Council, Terex, Schrader Electronics, Council for the Curriculum Examinations & Assessment (CCEA), NACCO, Kingspan Environmental, Kainos Software and Huhtamaki.
- The Open University Business School has students in 107 countries. Its triple accreditation places it in the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
For more information please visit Employers at the OU.