The dissemination of excellence was a critical part of each Centre's objectives. The Open CETL was certain that there was much to be gained by a range of collaborative approach to dissemination. As well as working together to provide a seamless web presence, the Open CETL News provided updates and insights into the work being done.
The Centres' internal audiences included:
- Faculty and departmental staff
- Associate Lecturers
- All others who directly support student learning
- Employers in a relationship with the OU
The Centres also worked with external audiences, notably:
- CETLs in other institutions with cognate interests
- Professional bodies, subject associations and suchlike interest groups
- Other higher education institutions working with the Higher Education Academy
As the Centres matured, they increasingly worked directly with academic staff and others who support student learning in other universities and colleges.
The Open CETL also intended to share good practice on how to reach and engage this variety of colleagues and audiences using the most appropriate communication methods and techniques.
See the Resources section to search for range a range of internal and external dissemination materials on our Open CETL themes.