The project piloted the use of self-assessment exercises during a third level science course S366 (Evolution), so that students own reflection upon their work, goals and transferable skills may bring about an improvement and/or greater awareness of their performance.
Students were given a self assessment sheet to accompany TMA01, designed around skills development and reflection on the courses, a self-assessment sheet to reflect on expected marks for TMA03 and a final self-assessment sheet with TMA04 (their project). It was hoped that these activities would help students to address some weaknesses through goal setting and also enhance their meta-cognitive skills in relation to TMA questions and thus their responses prior to TMA submission.
- Dr Rachel Ferris, email@example.com
- Employability and its relationship to learning outcomes: engaging in self-assessment and reflection for Personal Development Planning
- Employability and its relationship to learning outcomes article
- Employability: Self-assessment and Reflection poster (PDF)
- Employability: Self-assessment and Reflection poster (word. doc)