What’s this site about?
Platform is the website for the OU community online – that’s students, alumni and staff – and anyone else interested in education. This is a public website and open to everyone. Platform’s where you can come and talk about all the things that interest you and help and support other members of the OU community in their study or work or play.
What can you do here?
You can join and create your own interest groups, comment on articles, contribute to the forums, enter competitions, add events to the calendar, share articles via Facebook,Twitter and other channels, create your own news items, polls or forum threads. And you can catch up on OU news and articles related to the subject you’re studying/interested in and you can find out which OU students and alumni blog and add yours to the list.
Who runs this site? You do!
The site is managed by the Communications Unit of the Open University, with support from colleagues in Alumni Relations – but we want you, the community, to do all the talking! Overseeing the nuts and bolts is site editor Robyn Bateman with support from Jenny Bond, Yvonne Cook, Steve Larner, Kate Cronin, Jackie Nunn and Roz Allison. But it’s a community website and your contributions that keep it ticking.
Stay in touch with the OU community online…
- Every month we send out OpenNews, an eNewsletter with a round up of what’s new on Platform and from around the university. If you don’t receive the newsletter and want to, email email@example.com and ask to subscribe to OpenNews. And you can keep track of OpenNews in the archive down the bottom lefthand corner of the Platform homepage.
- If you want a quick round up of Platform and OU news, generated by Twitter, sent out weekly, you can subscribe to the OU Platform Daily here.
- You can follow us on Twitter and keep an eye out for the Platform hashtag - #ou_plat
- From time to time we invite volunteers to come and test the Platform website and help us shape its future development. If you’re interested in volunteering then please add your name to the volunteers list.
- We're always interested in student stories so drop us an email and share yours.
Want to contact us?
Drop an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit an event by emailing: email@example.com
Write to us at: Platform Team, The Open University, Communications, Building 12, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA