The scheme is part of Race Online 2012, of which The Open University is a partner, and is being led by digital champion and OU honorary graduate Martha Lane Fox.
If someone you know is missing out on the internet – and nine million people across the UK are - then they're missing out on loads of ways to make their life easier and more enjoyable.
What you can do to help…
Pledge your hour by filling out the form below...
And share what you’re doing with others – use the #GoOn and #GiveAnHour tags on Twitter or tag @ukdigitalchampions on Facebook, add the Give an Hour twibbon to your avatar. Or send us a video or audio clip of your pledge or share them in the comments section below this article. You can find out what other members of the OU community are going to do with their hour here.
Here's a lovely story from Christian Payne about the joys of the internet and what he'll be doing to help someone discover it...
- Find out how celebrities like Stephen Fry, Bill Oddie and Colin Jackson use the internet to pursue their passions
- Pledge your hour
- See how many pledges have been registered so far
- Martha Lane Fox blogs about giving an hour to her dad
- Add a twibbon to your avatar
- Video and audio pledges from the OU community