Starting on Tuesday 08 January at 8pm on BBC2, they will be taking a closer look at Mars, investigating the Big Bang and building a working model of Herschel’s famous 20ft-long rotating telescope. Liz Bonin will appear live each night from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in USA.
The academic consultants on this series were the OU's Andrew Norton, Dr David Rothery and Stephen Serjeant. And, in conjunction with BBC Learning’s design team, Andrew conceived a Universe timeline that was featured as a centre spread pull out poster in the Radio Times.
The series starts on 8 January but all episodes will be repeated on Saturday 12 January, from 4-7pm on BBC2.
Find out more:
- OpenLearn: Explore the Universe and our Solar System with the Virtual Planisphere; and get up close to meteorites, moon rocks and much more with the Virtual Microscope.
- Exclusive resources – including the Virtual Planisphere and Virtual Microscope
- Order your free Star Guide
- Related course: Galaxies, stars and planets
- Events are running throughout Jan & Feb: find a Stargazing LIVE event near you