What is The OpenScience Laboratory?
- An online centre that will transform the teaching of practical science
- A means of conducting authentic and rigorous investigations using real data
- A laboratory and observatory that is globally available
Virtual instruments and interactive screen experiments
Online field investigations
3D Immersive environments
Research and development
Who is it for?
- Undergraduates in universities that are in The OpenScience Laboratory partnership
- University level educators anywhere in the world who work with us to develop shared assets
- The general public: ‘citizen science’ projects are available to everyone
- Education funders seeking to increase access to high quality science programmes
- The Open University’s Science undergraduates: we will be delivering practical components
- For OU modules via The OpenScience Laboratory
- Schools seeking a broader practical curriculum