Skip to content

Toggle service links
  1. Environment, Earth and Ecosystem Sciences
  2. Phd Studentships
  3. How to Apply

How to Apply

We offer PhD studentships with funding from two sources. The first is the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) CENTA (, and the Faculty of Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) at The Open University.

Your application

For your application you need to submit the following:

  • an OU Application form (needed for all applications)
  • a CENTA application form (for NERC CENTA projects only)
  • a research proposal (if self-funded/candiate initiated)
  • an up-to-date CV
  • the names and addresses of three academic referees
  • a cover letter outlining why the project is of interest and how your skills match those required

 Applications should be sent to






Follow us on Twitter!

Like us on Facebook!