As a means of ensuring the sustainability of our research programmes we also actively engage in commercial and social enterprises projects as a means of maximising the reach, significance and therefore impact of our academic activities.
Our enterprise activities draw on and inform our research, knowledge exchange and teaching.
- Contract research
- University brokered consultancy
- Provision of commercial laboratory services
- Commercialisation of intellectual property
The strategy for enterprise within SPS is built around the following objectives:
- Effectively support enterprise activities within the School
- Support the development of School Enterprise plans and success criteria
- Build long term strategic relationships with external partners
- Maximise the impact of our enterprise activities through effective communication
The School works closely with the other university stakeholders; namely, STEM Faculty, Research & Enterprise Office, Contract & Legal Services to deliver its objectives.
The School has already established an impressive portfolio of:
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Framework Collaboration Agreements for Strategic Knowledge Partnerships
- License-for-Use Agreements
- Manufacturing Licensing Agreements for OU patents
With a series of global multi-national companies, SMEs, charities and government agencies.
The School has been successful in securing both internal and external funding to enable us to engage with SMEs, including SPRINT and the STFC Impact Accelerator Account (STFC IAA)