To be eligible for funding, all registration documents must be sent to the YASS (Young Applicants in School Scheme) team by the school coordinator and not by the pupil.
YASS registration - a quick guide for school coordinators
The YASS registration deadline for academic year 2019/20 is Wednesday, 4 September 2019.
Carefully consider which pupils choose to participate in the programme. Ensure:
- Pupils are in S6
- Pupils have a clear understanding of the commitment and study required, especially in relation to prelim time
- Pupils are aware that YASS courses do not carry UCAS tariff points (although they can be added to UCAS forms in the ‘other qualifications’ section and personal statements)
Coordinators need to:
- Download the Registration Agreement and distribute to your pupils
- Download the HESA data collection form and distribute to your pupils
- Download the Registration Agreement Guidance Notes and the Safeguarding Guidance and distribute to your pupils
- Collect completed Registration Agreements and HESA forms and check they are correctly filled in (see the links above, including for Registration Agreement Guidance Notes)
- Ensure the Registration Agreements are signed by the pupil and their parent/guardian/carer
- Return the completed forms to the YASS team
Coordinators should return the forms by post, email or fax:
Post - The YASS team, The Open University in Scotland, 10 Drumsheugh Gardens, Edinburgh EH3 7QJ
Fax - 0131 220 6730 (Please let the YASS team know if you fax the forms so that we know to look out for them)
Pupils should not send their forms directly to the YASS team. This must be done by the school coordinator.
Coordinators need to ask pupils to: