Finding text on a page
Quickly find the words you want on any page.
- Select Edit
- Select Find (on This Page)
- Type the text you are looking for in the box, then click Find Next (sometimes named Next)
- The text will be highlighted on the web page. Use the Find Next button to click down the page, until a message tells you that it has finished searching the document. Press OK, then Cancel the Find window.
Using the options to Match whole word only or Match case can make your search more accurate.
- With Match whole word only selected, only exact matches of the word will be found. Searching for 'assign', will only find 'assign' and not 'assignment'.
- With Match whole word only deselected, if you search for the word 'assign', it will be found within the word 'assignment'.
- With Match case turned on, the search will become case sensitive. Searching for the word 'assignment' will only find 'assignment', and will ignore 'Assignment'.
- Without Match case turned on, searching the word 'assignment' will find 'assignment' and 'Assignment'.
Note: It is not possible to find text that is contained in graphics.