Employers put work experience at the top of their wish list when they recruit graduates. As one of our students, we can help you get work experience that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Achieve through Work Experience
If you’re under 25, based in Wales and studying 60 credits or more, GO Wales may be able help you find work experience which matches your ambitions.
Check if you’re eligible by registering your interest on the GO Wales website or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear from you!
GO Wales gives you:
- the work-experience you need to improve your employability
- bespoke work shadowing and work taster placements with
- help to cover creche or care costs
- travel expenses paid
- reasonable adjustments and support if you are disabled or have a work limiting health condition.
- a GO Wales advisor to mentor you
- employability and wellbeing workshops
- a chance to meet other students
- advice on internships and paid work experience.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Stay motivated
- Build your confidence
- Grow your CV
- Get Support to target the career you want
- Create your own professional contacts.
This internships scheme puts employers in touch with OU students and recent graduates for four to ten weeks.
Employers – sign up here
Students – sign up here
Cardiff Capital Region graduate scheme
We’re just one of several universities working in the Cardiff Capital Region to help local employers find graduates.
You can see all the latest vacancies here and follow the scheme on Twitter.
There’s also information for employers.
Open University virtual internships
We’re always looking to put our students in touch with employers wherever they are in the world. A virtual internship can mean working for a company from your own home without having to think about travel.
Introducing Virtual internships to students
Information for employers