Our Strategic Plan to 2021/2022 provides a clear direction for the coming years and sets out how we will build on 50 years of success to reach more students with life-changing learning.
The key strategic priority for The Open University is student success. Through our scale, reach and our ability to support students to succeed we achieve a positive impact on society and the economy. This includes:
- understanding our students’ study goals and ensuring they get onto the right study path at the right level
- supporting our students to successfully progress through and complete their chosen module(s) or qualification
- delivering a high quality and flexible student experience with high levels of student satisfaction
- supporting students to achieve positive career and personal development outcomes.
The focus on student success is underpinned by a set of related objectives, which together will achieve our overall vision:
- delivering excellent teaching and research to enhance our distinctiveness, reputation and, above all, student success
- enhancing our future growth and sustainability by diversifying our reach and sources of income and managing and challenging our cost base, to ensure our financial sustainability
- investing in technology that enables success – both student facing technology and our own internal systems
- fostering a dynamic and inclusive culture by investing in staff to recognise and maximise their contribution to our success.
A one-page summary of our Strategic Plan to 2021/22 can be found here.