Why study Early Years with The Open University?
You'll be studying courses designed and created by our School of Education, Childhood, Youth and Sport. The School offers a ground-breaking curriculum, inspiring and engaging teaching methods, and supports research that looks to influence practices, policies and debate – both nationally and internationally.
The benefits of studying an early years qualification with us are:
- Your study will be professionally and vocationally relevant across many contexts.
- You'll become equipped with the knowledge and experience to make a real difference in this field.
- You'll be studying with a university that has 50 years’ experience as pioneers of social justice and social change.
- You can fit our flexible study around your work and other commitments.
Careers in Early Years
An early years qualification – for example, in childhood and youth studies or early childhood – can open up a range of careers, including: childcare, counselling, early years work, youth and community work, and local, national and international policy development.
Our courses in early years can help you start or progress your career as a:
- Education Welfare Officer
- Family Support Worker