What you will study
Throughout this course, you’ll benefit from expert insight into how to apply digital marketing tactics and build strategies. Practical exercises will help you to apply your new knowledge, and the social learning approach will empower you to further enhance and reflect on your understanding by sharing your thoughts and opinions with co-learners.
Delivered over four, easy-to-digest sections, you will cover:
1: Digital marketing in perspective
- What is digital marketing?
- Growth in digital adoption and constant change
- Audience attention and noise
- Technology driving change and innovation
- Latest trends in digital marketing
- Focusing on objectives and the user journey
2: User journeys and personas
- What are personas in digital marketing?
- Developing personas for digital marketing
- Using and refining personas
- What are user journey maps in digital marketing?
- User journey mapping for digital marketing
- Using user journey maps to create best practice digital marketing
3: Content marketing
- What is content marketing?
- Identify the challenges of content marketing
- Learn how to align content marketing with stages of the user journey and personas
- Content marketing channel considerations
- Best practice content marketing
- Content marketing optimisation
4: Marketing channel objectives
- How to align digital marketing objectives with organisational and audience objectives
- The danger of vanity metrics and why they persist
- Primary, secondary, and tertiary objectives
- Channel analytics and web analytics for objectives
- Going beyond the last click
- How to use objectives for campaign iteration and optimisation.
Please note: the content in this course also features in courses created by The Open University and Target Internet, which are available on FutureLearn.
You will learn
By the end of this course, you’ll have the skills to:
- identify and understand the latest trends in digital marketing
- develop user journeys and user journey maps
- assess user journey maps and plan improvements
- design content marketing
- identify, set and measure digital marketing objectives.
The role of Digital Marketing Specialist is among the top ten most in-demand jobs, with over 860,000 job openings advertised, according to LinkedIn. Advances in digital media and technology have dramatically changed how marketers plan campaigns, communicate with audiences, build relationships, and drive sales. Keeping pace and developing key skills will help you to succeed in an ever-evolving digital world.
This course has been developed by the OU with industry experts, Target Internet. Known for being leaders in digital marketing training they also have vast experience in planning and implementing digital campaigns for high-profile brands, including the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal and Warner Bros. It’s hosted by Target Internet’s CEO Daniel Rowles, the voice behind the Digital Marketing Podcast and renowned author in the field.
There is no tuition on this course and all study is self-directed. Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to enhance and reflect on your understanding by sharing your thoughts and opinions with co-learners.