To study this postgraduate module, you’ll need to:
- hold an undergraduate degree from a UK university (or equivalent)
- hold current registration with one of the statutory health or social work regulatory bodies as relevant to your profession (such as NMC, GPhC, HCPC, SWE, SCW, SSSC or NISSC)
- be employed in a relevant practice area or have the opportunity for practice-based learning. It will not be possible to complete this module if you do not have access to practice-based learning in a health or social work environment.
- have access to a suitably qualified and experienced supervisor during the module to enable satisfactory practice learning, negotiation, and implementation planning.
Please be aware that your registration on this module is conditional until we have confirmed that you have met the above entry requirements.
If you plan to study Advancing professional practice (K805) as part of the below qualifications, please refer to the individual qualification descriptions for full details of their entry requirements:
How to apply
If you would like to apply to register for this module, please contact us for details on the application process, or for further guidance.
Before your module begins, it may be useful for you to revise topics such as:
- evidence-based practice
- research methods and approaches
- critical appraisal of evidence
- critical thinking
- service improvement models
- stakeholder analysis and engagement methods.